Courtesy Ramsiel, Love&LightWorld
Hearing from the other side can be a bit unsettling until you figure out what, if anything, needs to be done.
“I am 16 years old and believe I have the gift of communicating with spirits. What I would like to know is how can I improve this as I am unsure about my abilities’ strength. I sometimes have the same dream more than once and on occasion, there has been someone asking for help.
I just need some advice.” Jessie
Thanks for asking. You are doing the right thing in asking for help before you are unable to sleep at night from so many knocking at your dream door. Like most things in life, you need to figure out what is acceptable to you. Is it okay for you to be bombarded in your sleep with those who have passed on? Don’t you need your rest too? Might it be useful for you to set up some guidelines to what is allowable and what is not?
Here are my suggestions which come from me personally, and from various teachers looking to lend an emotional hand.
First of all, realize that you are already open to receiving or you would not be “getting” information. The question now is, what do you want to do with it? How much time do you want to attend to the needs of those who want to pass into the Light, because believe me, you must learn to set boundaries or you won’t finish high school without bags under your eyes from lack of sleep.
My suggestions follow:
1. I have no idea what part of the country you live in, but in San Diego, I have found a wonderfully encouraging and inexpensive teacher/moderator through MeetUp.com under the “Psychic Gym.” It is useful to sit in a group of like-minded people who receive information from the spirit world, but only if it is a non-judgmental atmosphere. We all “see” a little differently. Personally I tend to hear first. Others see. Sometimes I feel. We’ve even smelled smoke.
2. Teacher or no teacher, the first thing to do today is to set up a protocol for yourself. Whether spirits are approaching you all day or just in sleep, you must set up the rules that work for you or you will be besieged. It’s as if there is a miner’s light on your head that shows those who have not walked into The Light for one reason or another, that you are available.
“Cool,” you might say until you can no longer sleep through the night. On the other side, the spirits do not deal with what we think of as everyday life. Remember there is no time in the Afterlife; therefore, they have no understanding that you need your 7 or 8 hours to pass your math test and make your English teacher smile as well. Time and space are constructs of our planet.
My suggestion is that you follow your religious beliefs and pray by asking for protection. Or if you are a “I can do it myself” kind of person, like me, I set up my own protocol. I deliberately connect with my angels, my High Self, the Christ Consciousness and God Her/Him/Itself. I ask to see what needs to be seen for the Highest Good of all concerned. If I am doing this before sleep, I deliberately ask for protection from the angels as well as reminding them that I need to sleep. I am available for counseling ONLY for a specific amount of time, and state what that is.
I have found that if I don’t set up a specific time, I can be bombarded with ghost energy, or those who have not moved into The Light, 24 hours a day. I don’t want that and if you want to graduate, most likely you won’t either.
3. It is a great gift that you are already moving the deceased into the Light. There are lots of reasons the dying don’t automatically move into the Light:
• Many don’t seem to notice the Light when they are releasing their body.
• They are drugged medically or by choice and are unable to understand what’s happening.
• Sometimes their life slides out from under them without them realizing what happened, as in a sudden accident.
• There also seem to be others who think that if they move into the Light, they won’t be able to help their loved ones, which isn’t true, but many believe it.
• Then there are those who believe they don’t deserve to move into the Light. They hold themselves in judgment when in fact The Light is Unconditional Love, no judgment. Not even a hint.
4. Jessie, my suggestion is all of the above, plus know that if you choose, and it appears that you do, that this is a beautiful calling. Many need your help. You will improve simply by practice. The more you dapple in the spirit world, the better you will become. It will be important for you to maintain your grounding as well. If you are not involved in sports, you might adding some physical activity. Your physical body needs to be strong to handle the emotional pull of those needing assistance.
5. Understand that practice never makes perfect, but if you maintain your connection to the God Source and pray for guidance for the Highest Good of all concerned, it will all get easier. And do remember, that the wisdom comes through you. It is not of you. You are simply the conduit for the energy of the Divine.